Monday 12 December 2016

Eggless Semolina/ Rava/Sooji Cake

I never thought or I should say tried making a cake using Rava / Sooji. I have got this recipe from a friend who owns LG microwave and was happy to share this recipe from her LG cookbook. My MIL loved this cake.

Recipe is as it is from LG cookbook along with little changes made by me.




Recipe:

  • 1 cup Semolina(sooji/suji). I use chiroti rava.
  • 1/2 up whole wheat flour (atta)
  • 1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
  • 1/2 cup yogurt (dahi)
  • 1/4 tsp saffron(kesar) or pinch of yellow color
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 2  tbsp milk approx.. I added 2 tbsp extra as batter was very thick.
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
  • 1 tbsp cashews or pine nuts or raisins (kishmish)

Steps:
  • Preheat oven to 160 degree Centigrade. Grease a 8-9" baking pan.
  • Sift together rava, maida, wheat flour, soda and baking powder. Set aside.
  • In a big bowl combine yogurt, oil and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
  • Add semolina mixture, saffron, green cardamom and milk to get a soft dropping consistency. Beat with an electric beater at medium speed for 5 minutes.
  • Pour batter into the prepared baking tin. sprinkle cashews and raisins on top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cake was soft and yummy. MIL loved it as it was egg less and no maida. Family Happy I am Happy!.






No comments:

Post a Comment