Apart from this I use to enjoy boiled bhutta aka challi also known as corn cob.
Ingredient for aloo tikki
3 big boiled potatoes
1/2 cup yellow moong dal
1/2 tsp chat masala
2 tsp chopped coriander
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 small chopped onion
oil for shallow fry
Steps to to prepare aloo tikki:-
- Soak moong dal for one hour and wash thoroughly to remove polish.
- Mash boiled potatoes.
- Add salt, chopped onion, chilli powder, chat masala, coriander and mix it well.
- Divide mixture in 6 parts.
- Make round flat tikki and stuff soaked moong dal in center of the tikki.
- Heat tawa or frying pan on medium heat and cook tikki with little oil until it becomes golden brown from both sides.
- Transfer in a serving platter.
- Serve with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
- Mashed potatoes should be cold before you start frying other wise it will break while frying.
- To give it a little twist you can add sweet curd while serving with little chill powder and chat masala sprinkle on top. This is how chat vendor use to serve in school.
What is your favourite street food?